Friends of the Wissahickon, in partnership with Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, is pleased to offer the In-Park Recognition Program to honor or remember friends and family. Your donation helps to conserve the Wissahickon Valley Park and provides a meaningful amenity for all who visit the park.
Benches are not available for installation until Spring 2022. To be added to the waitlist for a bench in 2022, please sign up for more information below.
Opportunities for recognition:
- $1,000 – Habitat Box. A habitat box will be placed in Houston or Andorra Meadow within the Wissahickon Valley Park. A plaque with donors of habitat boxes will be placed in the Warming Shed next to the Valley Green Inn or in Andorra Natural Area for bluebird boxes. Price includes labor and materials.
- $5,000 – Bench with recognition plaque. A bench in the Wissahickon Valley Park in honor or memory of a loved one. Price includes labor and materials. No more than 10 benches will be available within a calendar year.
- $5,000 – Picnic Table with recognition plaque. A picnic table in the Wissahickon Valley Park in a designated picnic area. Price includes labor and materials.
- Kiosks with recognition plaque. Kiosks are available for recognition though price depends on size of kiosk. Please fill out form to be contacted by a staff member.
- Larger opportunities for recognition! See form below to have a staff member reach out to you about this.
- Habitat boxes, benches, and picnic tables are installed by Friends of the Wissahickon but are the property of the landowner, Philadelphia Parks and Recreation.
- The location of habitat boxes, benches, and picnic tables and inscriptions of plaques must be approved by Friends of the Wissahickon. The approved location of a box, bench or table depends on proposed future development within the Wissahickon Valley Park, the location of underground utilities, and other site restrictions.
- All costs are included in the purchase price.
- Friends of the Wissahickon reserves the right to remove or relocate all in-park structures if it is determined that removal is in the best interest of the Wissahickon Valley Park.
- Friends of the Wissahickon will make every reasonable effort to maintain boxes, benches, and tables but will not be responsible for acts of nature, damage, or vandalism. At the discretion of FOW or Philadelphia Parks and Recreation, FOW or PPR may make repairs to all in-park structures but shall not be required to replace or repair.
- All donations are tax-deductible.
Time Periods and Renewals
Habitat boxes, benches, and picnic tables are dedicated for a ten-year period and dedications may be renewed. Each additional period of ten years recognizes an additional qualifying donation. After the initial bench dedication time period has ended, those who have dedicated an in-park structure in the past have the right of first refusal to renew the dedication. After the ten year period has ended, reasonable amount of effort will be made to contact those who have dedicated the box, bench, table, or kiosk and there will be a grace period before it is offered for re-dedication to another donor.
For larger in-park recognition opportunities, contact Maeve Pollack at email@example.com or 215-381-2948.