To enjoy the Wissahickon Valley Park, there are some rules that park users need to follow, as required by Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
It’s more fun for everyone if we all follow the rules!
- Swimming is prohibited.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times. The least must be no more than 6 feet long.
- If you would like to ride your horse in the park or bike on the upper trails (any place in the park other than Forbidden Drive), you must have a City of Philadelphia Natural Surface Trail Permit. You can obtain one through FOW here.
- Littering and dumping are prohibited.
- When using park trails, stay on designated park trails. Also, using motor vehicles on park trails is prohibited.
- The park curfew is 1 a.m.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- Using bicycles is only allowed on trails designated for bicycling. Cyclists must yield to the right of way of pedestrians on footpaths except during an organized bike race.
- Park users may not cut down or remove any trees or plants in the park.
- If you want to have a gathering of more than 50 people, you will need to get a special event permit from Philadelphia Parks & Recreation.
- For a more comprehensive list of rules in Philadelphia’s parks and public spaces, visit the Philadelphia Parks & Recreation website here.