Help Us in the Park
For more information or to volunteer in the Wissahickon Valley Park, contact Volunteer Coordinator Christina Anthony at email@example.com or 215-247-0417, ext.351.
Upcoming Work Days
2/25/17 from 9:00am – 1:00pm
Meeting @ Valley Green Inn
It is easy to forget sometimes that the Wissahickon is an urban park. The gorge is deep, making it hard to see or hear what’s happening in the “outside world”, allowing ones mind to disregard the fact that they are currently in America’s fifth largest city. Imagine escaping the city and heading into the park only come across a bunch of graffiti, on trees, on rocks, and on signs. We don’t want that here, which is exactly why we are hosting a park wide graffiti removal workday. We will work in teams to remove or cover all the graffiti we can find.
Work Day Tips
What to Bring
- Sturdy boots/sneakers.
- Clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty!
- Your own reusable water bottle to help reduce waste.
- Refreshments are usually provided at volunteer days, but volunteers are welcome to bring their own snacks.
Cancellation Details for Inclement Weather
- Typically, we will work in a light rain or snow. (We’re tough like that.)
- Workdays will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or snow, thunder and lighting, high winds, etc. Visit FOW’s Facebook page or this page for updates. If the workday is cancelled it will be posted by 8 am.
Recurring Work Days
There’s no better way to be friends than to help us in the park with trail maintenance, invasive weed removal, planting, and general clean-ups from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Join us for structure repair and construction from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information or to volunteer, contact Volunteer Coordinator Christina Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-247-0417 x351
Can’t volunteer with FOW on the weekends but still want to help out? Come work with the Wednesday Morning Crew each week from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. as we tackle projects throughout the park.
Third Saturday of the Month
Join Friends of Cresheim Trail to improve the trails in the Cresheim Creek area. Meet at the entrance at Lincoln Drive and Allen’s Lane at 10 a.m. Wear sturdy shoes, and long pants and long sleeves to protect against poison ivy. Tools and gloves provided and coffee and snacks will be served. (Yum!) For more information or to volunteer, contact Friends of Cresheim Trail at email@example.com or 215-715-9159.