Frozen Nature Suncatcher
- Found items from nature
- Shallow dish or tray that will hold water
- String or yarn
- Take a walk outdoors and collect a few natural items like
leaves, berries, and twigs.
- Fill your dish or tray halfway with water.
- Cut a length of your string or yarn and tie a loop.
- Submerge part of your loop in the water and make sure enough of the excess loop hangs over your tray so you can later hang your suncatcher.
- Add some extra water, if needed, to make sure all of your items and loop-end are fully submerged.
- Leave outside or place in your freezer overnight.
- Run some hot water over the bottom of your tray to release your frozen suncatcher.
- Hang outside and enjoy!
- Don’t worry if your nature items float around. Part of the fun is to be surprised how your suncatcher turns out after it freezes.
- To make multiple suncatchers, use a muffin tray.
- For a more colorful suncatcher, add a few drops of food coloring to your water.