Start The New Decade Supporting the Wissahickon
The Wissahickon Valley Park is home to a diverse ecosystem, and its forest and meadows provide critical habitat for the plants and animals that make their home in the park. FOW works to balance the preservation of this vital ecological resource with the needs of over 1.2 million visitors that come to experience our city’s premiere park. But we can’t do it without your support! You can help us by taking one or more of these important steps to supporting the continued conservation of the Wissahickon Valley Park!
1--Donate to FOW. Your contribution, big or small, is what drives our success in caring for this amazing urban watershed park. There are many ways to donate:
- Give online here!
- Consider giving a gift of stock. Our DTC # is 0062 and our Vanguard Brokerage Acct # is 23501307.
- Does your company offer Matching Gifts? You can check here!
- Friends of the Wissahickon can receive donations through the United Way. If your employer offers United Way giving, and you would like to designate Friends of the Wissahickon as your beneficiary, please use our option code #9882.
- If you shop on Amazon.com, use AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com) and select Friends of the Wissahickon as the nonprofit organization you would like to support.
2–Become a Friend of the Wissahickon. You will be joining a community of over 2,400 concerned citizens who have made an investment in and value this local treasure. We’ve got a membership level for everyone, they all come with a membership card that gives you discounts on FOW gear, the Valley Green Inn, and The Cedars House Café, a subscription to our quarterly newsletter, and the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping preserve this valuable community resource for future generations!
- Join as a member here!
- Become a Sustainer– FOW’s new monthly giving membership program.
- Join our Society of Generous Friends– Turn your passion for the Wissahickon into generous giving.
3–Volunteer in the Wissahickon! FOW’s volunteer program is the cornerstone of our conservation work in the park.
- Apply for our upcoming volunteer training to become a Trail Ambassador, Crew Leader, or join the Sawyer Crew.
- Join us at our next volunteer opportunity on January 20th, a volunteer day of service at Thomas Mansion in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Bring your business or school group to volunteer!
Our community shares a love for the Wissahickon Valley Park and a commitment to conserving its many gifts. Please join us as we begin a new decade of stewarding our city’s premiere park.