Park News Alert
Last evening, 6/22/2020 at approximately 7:45 pm a woman was physically assaulted in the Wissahickon Valley Park, along the trail south of Cresheim Creek near where the White Trail crosses the Cresheim Creek. The assailant fled in the direction of Cresheim Valley Road and Emlen Street. The crime was reported to the 14th Police District and it is currently under investigation.
The Wissahickon Valley Park should be a safe space for all to visit and enjoy without the fear of violence. Due to the secluded nature of some of the Park’s trails, FOW would like to share some safety recommendations for consideration when planning a visit to the Wissahickon Valley Park:
- When parking your car, lock the doors, carry your keys with you, and do not leave valuables in plain sight in the car.
- Visit with a buddy if possible.
- If visiting alone, avoid using the park during off-peak times and let people know where you are going.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Go headphone free.
- Bring your dog on a leash. All pets are required to be on a leash no longer than 6 feet.
- Trust your instincts. If you sense trouble because of a person or a place, leave.
- See all the Wissahickon has to offer and vary your routine.