Friends of the Wissahickon (FOW) is seeking a full-time Program Assistant responsible for data processing to ensure accurate recording and reporting and general programmatic support. In addition, this position provides administrative support for FOW’s staff and handles a variety of tasks outlined below, as well as other duties that may be assigned. Experience with a CRM database and the full Microsoft Office Suite is preferred. Reports to the Development Director and Director of Field Stewardship.
This is a full-time, in-person position with a Monday-Friday schedule. Some weekend and evening availability as well as reliable transportation is required.
- Create online registration and event pages for all events, including volunteer service days, guided walks & talks, and other various community events.
- Coordinate pre-event communication with all registrants and event leaders.
- Track post-event data, including attendees and volunteer service hours.
- Accurately enter gift, membership, event, and volunteer data.
- Answer and respond to phone calls and e-mails as a first point of contact for the public, and forward messages to appropriate staff members as needed.
- Assist with setting up and staffing of events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technology- Utilize the follow platforms
- Raiser’s Edge 7 & RE NXT
- Smartsheet & other cloud-based software
- Microsoft Teams
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED
- Reliable transportation
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to keep accurate records, organize information, follow established procedures and prioritize tasks among several assignments
- Skill in writing grammatically correct routine business correspondence
- Skill in editing correspondence to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as part of team
- Able to sit at a standard desk for periods of 4 hours or more, and lift up to 25 pounds. (Standing desk and other ergonomic options may be available)
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Interest in environmental conservation
- Previous knowledge and experience with Microsoft Teams, Adobe Acrobat, WordPress
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge or a similar CRM
Salary and Benefits:
- $40,000 – $45,000 annually
- Generous paid time off
- Retirement benefits and matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 12, 2024. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.