Wissahickon Safety Guidelines
// February 22, 2017
- Exercise with a partner; if exercising alone, avoid using the park during off-peak times.
- Be alert and go headphone free! Headphones leave you vulnerable to physical injury and crime.
- Vary your routine. Go at different times and start from different locations.
- Trust your instincts. If you sense trouble because of a person or a place, leave.
- When parking your car, lock doors, carry keys with you, and do not leave valuables in plain sight in the car.
- Call 911 if your car is broken into. Use parking lot number to report the location of car. Stay until the police arrive.
- Report suspicious activity by calling 911.
- Visit fow.org frequently. FOW posts crime alerts as necessary.
- Philadelphia Park System Rangers: 215-685-2172. If you are unable to call 911 or the Rangers, find an FOW Trail Ambassador (TA) for help.
- TAs provide information to park visitors about the Wissahickon and report any problems they encounter to Park Rangers.