Information on the 2021-22 City of Philadelphia Natural Surface Trail Permit program is pending. Please check back soon!
As of right now, FOW is not issuing City of Philadelphia Natural Surface Trail Permits; however, this does not prevent you from visiting Wissahickon Valley Park and riding the trails. We welcome you to visit, and please be sure to follow all Philadelphia Parks and Recreation rules and regulations. We expect an announcement regarding the City of Philadelphia Natural Surface Trail Permit program sometime in the near future.
Rules and Regulations
- All trail users shall use the trails with common courtesy and safety for other park users.
- All trail users shall observe a seven (7) mile per hour speed limit.
- All trail users, except pedestrians, must proceed single file.
- All dogs / pets shall be on a leash of no more than six (6) feet.
- Anyone using Forbidden Drive or designated access roads will not require a trail pass.
- All trail users over the age of sixteen (16), except pedestrians, require a trail pass.
- Cyclists and equestrians must adhere to all trail user designations (indicated at trailheads and intersections).
- Horse drawn vehicles may be driven on any equestrian trail of sufficient width that can accommodate the
- Cyclists are not permitted in the Andorra Natural Area or on the Lavender Trail.
- Cyclists must relinquish right of way to all other park users, except during permitted bicycle events.
- No person may ride a bicycle or horse in the park between the hours of 9 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Cyclists are not permitted to use trails when muddy conditions exist.
- Motor vehicles are prohibited on Forbidden Drive or any other park trails at any time.