Recommendations for your summer park visit!
The Wissahickon Valley Park is everyone’s park, and it is seeing unprecedented levels of visitation at this time. Due to Covid-19, FOW and Philadelphia Parks and Recreation are operating in a limited capacity within the park. During this busy summer season we recommend park visitors consider the following when planning your next visit:
- Please treat all park visitors and the park with respect. Carry out what you carry in and remember the park is here for everyone to enjoy!
- If you are visiting the Valley Green Inn area, please use an alternative parking area on the weekends. This is the most visited section of the park and the main access point for emergency vehicles. Cars parked illegally may be ticketed and potentially towed. You can find a map with alternate parking areas here.
- There are no open restroom facilities in the park at this time. Please consider this and plan your visit accordingly. For more information on park facilities, visit the Philadelphia Parks and Recreation website here.
- Save these important numbers:
To report park damages, downed trees and littering: Text WISS to FOW at (267) 966-2207.
To report non-emergency situations: Call the Park Rangers at (215) 685-2172 OR call 311 to report it to the city.
To report a wildlife incident: Call the PA Game Commission at (610) 926-3136.
If you need help right away because of a medical emergency or an immediate danger: Call 911 and describe your emergency.
- Support the Wissahickon Valley Park and become a member of Friends of the Wissahickon. Your membership dollars help increase FOW’s ability to sustain this important community resource.
- Steward the Wissahickon on your own! FOW volunteers are slowly starting to work in the Park, but due to Covid-19 our ability to organize groups of volunteers is limited. Each of us can help keep this special place clean and sustainable for generations to come. Here are a few simple ways that you can make a difference.
Thank you for being a Friend of the Wissahickon!