To register for any of our work days, please contact Outreach Manager Sarah Marley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are encouraged to bike, hike or carpool to work days. Registration is not required but is recommended in order to be notified in case of any changes due to weather. Workdays will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or snow. Refer to the FOW Facebook page or the FOW work day page for updates.
We are taking off for Labor Day Weekend but will be back in September with more work days with our new Volunteer Coordinator!
Devils Pool Final Summer Clean-Up
Saturday, September 13th
9 AM - 1 PM
Meet at the trailhead next to the Valley Green Bridge
Join us for our final summer clean-up at Devil's Pool. A large bash at Devil's Pool! BYOWB (bring your own water bottles). End of the season blowout special! Graffiti removal, debris clean-up, social interactions, fun in the sun! Don't miss this event....
Please email Sarah Marley at email@example.com to register.
Work Day Tips
1) All volunteers must sign the one-time volunteer agreement and release form. You can print it up, sign and bring with you to the work day, or we will have them available at the work day sign-in table.
2) Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3) Please arrive on time for a short orientation, safety talk and tool training.
What to Bring
1) Sturdy boots/sneakers
2) Clothing that you don't mind getting dirty!
3) Your own reusable water bottle to help reduce the waste of disposable bottles and cups
4) Refreshments are usually provided at our Saturday volunteer days. Volunteers are always welcome to bring their own snacks.
Cancellation Details for Inclement Weather
Typically we will work in a light rain or snow.
We will cancel a work day under inclement conditions such as heavy rain or snow, thunder and lighting, high winds, etc.
If conditions look uncertain the morning of the scheduled work day, check the FOW Upcoming Work Day page. If the work day is cancelled it will be posted on the Work Day page by 8 am.
For more information and to RSVP, contact our Sarah Marley, Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-247-0417 x109. Please RSVP if you plan to attend as it helps with our planning projects, and resources for the events!