To register for any of our work days, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, John Holback at email@example.com
Volunteers are encouraged to bike, hike or carpool to work days. Registration is not required but is recommended in order to be notified in case of any changes due to weather. Workdays will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or snow. Refer to the FOW Facebook page or the FOW work day page for updates.
Cresheim Trail Maintenance
Saturday, November 21st
9:00 - 1:00
Meet at Navajo and Cresheim Valley Drive
We will continue working on the steps near the scenic overlook, do some minor trail maintenance, and possibly build some boardwalk on the section of trail that runs along the Cresheim Creek between the scenic overlook and Germantown Avenue.
Andorra Trail Sign Install
Saturday, December 5th
9:00 - 1:00
Meet at The Tree House
The trail signs in the Andorra Natural Area need to be replaced. New 4x4 posts are prepainted but still need the sign blocks installed. Signs post will then need to be carried into place and set into the ground. Be a part of new signage history!
Blue Bell Invasive Vine Cutting
Saturday, December 19th
9:00 - 1:00
Meet at Blue Bell Park
Gotta get rid of those vines! Bittersweet, English Ivy, Vine Honey Suckle have all got to go. Come out and learn why we like Poison Ivy and why we don't cut it.
9:00 - 12:00
Various Park Locations
Can't volunteer with FOW on the weekends? Still want to help out? Come work with the Wednesday Morning crew. This crew is ready to take on whatever needs to be done that week. Always a good time!
Please contact John Holback at firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Work Day Tips
1) All volunteers must sign the one-time volunteer agreement and release form. You can print it up, sign and bring with you to the work day, or we will have them available at the work day sign-in table.
2) Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3) Please arrive on time for a short orientation, safety talk and tool training.
What to Bring
1) Sturdy boots/sneakers
2) Clothing that you don't mind getting dirty!
3) Your own reusable water bottle to help reduce the waste of disposable bottles and cups
4) Refreshments are usually provided at our Saturday volunteer days. Volunteers are always welcome to bring their own snacks.
Cancellation Details for Inclement Weather
Typically we will work in a light rain or snow.
We will cancel a work day under inclement conditions such as heavy rain or snow, thunder and lighting, high winds, etc.
If conditions look uncertain the morning of the scheduled work day, check the FOW Upcoming Work Day page. If the work day is cancelled it will be posted on the Work Day page by 8 am.
For more information and to RSVP, contact John Holback, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 215-247-0417 x107. Please RSVP if you plan to attend as it helps with our planning projects, and resources for the events!