To register for any of our work days, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, John Holback at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are encouraged to bike, hike or carpool to work days. Registration is not required but is recommended in order to be notified in case of any changes due to weather. Workdays will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or snow. Refer to the FOW Facebook page or the FOW work day page for updates.
Love Your Park - Trailbuilding Day
Saturday, November 15th
10 AM - 1 PM
Meet at the Bell's Mill Parking Lot #4
Assist professional trail builders Steve Thomas and Valerie Naylor in the contruction of a new trail in the Andorra Natural area as part of FOW's Sustainable Trails Initiative. Be ready to leave a lasting, positive mark on the Wissahickon trail system!
Please contact John Holback at email@example.com to register
Work Day Tips
1) All volunteers must sign the one-time volunteer agreement and release form. You can print it up, sign and bring with you to the work day, or we will have them available at the work day sign-in table.
2) Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3) Please arrive on time for a short orientation, safety talk and tool training.
What to Bring
1) Sturdy boots/sneakers
2) Clothing that you don't mind getting dirty!
3) Your own reusable water bottle to help reduce the waste of disposable bottles and cups
4) Refreshments are usually provided at our Saturday volunteer days. Volunteers are always welcome to bring their own snacks.
Cancellation Details for Inclement Weather
Typically we will work in a light rain or snow.
We will cancel a work day under inclement conditions such as heavy rain or snow, thunder and lighting, high winds, etc.
If conditions look uncertain the morning of the scheduled work day, check the FOW Upcoming Work Day page. If the work day is cancelled it will be posted on the Work Day page by 8 am.
For more information and to RSVP, contact John Holback, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-247-0417 x107. Please RSVP if you plan to attend as it helps with our planning projects, and resources for the events!