Wissahickon East Parcel
10am - 1pm
Meet at the corner of Anderson St. & Woodbrook Lane
Collaborative workday on a recently acquired parcel of land. After many years of campaigning the neighborhood is now building a walk-to-community-park and this is the first clean-up event of this very neglected piece of land. The cleanup will take place on December 7 from 10 Am to 1 PM at Anderson Street and Woodbrook Lane, and is organized by the Northwest District of Parks and Recreation, specifically David Bower, volunteer coordinator, and supported by the Wissahickon East Project.
For more information, please contact:
Karen Alleyne: 215-519-8870
Or Antje Mattheus: 215-248-0654 email@example.com
Marting Luther King Day
10am - 1pm
Meet at Historic Rittenhouse Town
In honor of Martin Luther King Day we will undertake the ever important task of removing unwanted debris on and around the Lincoln Drive Trail. This is a high use area of the park and could use some volunteer dedication. If we are lucky, we may get to play in the snow while we work!!
To register please contact Volunteer Coordinator Eric D. Falk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are encouraged to bike, hike or carpool to work days. Registration is not required but is recommended in order to be notified in case of any changes due to weather. Workdays will be cancelled in the event of heavy rain or snow. Refer to the FOW Facebook page or the FOW work day page for updates.
Work Day Tips
1) All volunteers must sign the one-time volunteer agreement and release form. You can print it up, sign and bring with you to the work day, or we will have them available at the work day sign-in table.
2) Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
3) Please arrive on time for a short orientation, safety talk and tool training.
What to Bring
1) Sturdy boots/sneakers
2) Clothing that you don't mind getting dirty!
3) Your own reusable water bottle to help reduce the waste of disposable bottles and cups
4) Refreshments are usually provided at our Saturday volunteer days. Volunteers are always welcome to bring their own snacks.
Cancellation Details for Inclement Weather
Typically we will work in a light rain or snow.
We will cancel a work day under inclement conditions such as heavy rain or snow, thunder and lighting, high winds, etc.
If conditions look uncertain the morning of the scheduled work day, check the FOW Upcoming Work Day page. If the work day is cancelled it will be posted on the Work Day page by 8 am.
For more information and to RSVP, contact our Eric Falk, Volunteer Coorindator at email@example.com or 215-247-0417 x107. Please RSVP if you plan to attend as it helps with our planning projects, and resources for the events!